Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Brock's 1st Day 2011



















I still have a hard time with the way the school year is here, having school start in March, Christmas in the summer, easter in the fall, it gets my internal calendar all confused. So yes the school year has just started for us, and Brock was so excited. He wakes up every morning by himself at 6:45 and gets dressed and most of the time makes his bed, and comes down stairs for breakfast. If I try to go in his room to help him I ever so gently get told to "get out I can do it by myself." It is amazing to me how fast they grow up and how fast they learn and process everything that goes on around them. The other day I was helping Brock make sentences with some word strips he has for reading homework, when Chris walks in and asks if he can make a sentence for Brock to read with the strips. Brock replies yes and Chris proceeds to make his sentence. Brock reads the sentence out loud and says "Dad that was not a very intelligent sentence." I could not help but bust out in laughter as my poor husbands face looked at me in shock as if to say "did he really say what I think he said?" Oh you gotta love the little stinker.

No comments: