Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Cartegena, Columbia

Lets get dirty! Totumo Columbia is where to go. A couple of weekends ago we had the opportunity to go to Cartagena, Columbia as a family with some friends. We mainly hung out by the pool and the beach, but one day we took a trip to see this famous volcano, Totumo, that is filled with this goo that you see Zander in. It is really deep, but you just float. Zander loved it, Brock would not get in, and Cooper screamed while inside with Chris. When they got out a man helped Chris out, but then proceeded to take Cooper down the long flight of stairs much faster then I could catch him, and when I got to the bottom I could not find him. Talk about panic! Carlos, one of our friends that was with us, handed me his daughter and went to search for him, oh yeah I forgot to tell you that at this moment we were in a down pour of rain. Turns out that after you bathe in the mud they take down to the river to clean you, and that is where he had whisked my son off to. Whew!! It was a fun trip, and great to spend some time together as a family.

Oh and talk about treatment, I got a massage while sitting on the beach watching my boys play in the sand!


Us on top of the volcano waiting in line! Look how sunburned my poor brother-in-law was!!





Brock to chicken to get in!!! He told me he was thinking about it, and then it started pooring down rain. His daddy got him though, Chris picked him up and rubbed mud all over him.




The line to get up the Volcano, it was a pretty steep climb.



The view from the moro, wall surrounding Cartagena.




My three angels!!!!!



Zander is my dare devil, he found this high rock that to him looked just perfect to climb up, or to give his mom a heart attack. Here he is safely at the top.




Brock posing on one of the cannons! It made me miss Puerto Rico and how green everything is everywhere.




Cooper climbing his way up the big giant hill! We did not take a stroller and this guy is weighing in at 35lbs at 18 months, so he had to walk!!


Some brotherly love.






Sorry made it in 2x.








Chris, Carlos, and Josh all went out scuba diving one morning!!!


Dinner in the plaza of old Cartagena one night!!


Carlos, Brock, Nico, and Zander walking through the plaza.




Dancers in the center of one of the plaza´s.


1 comment:

Melissa said...

Love, love, love all the pictures. I can't believe Cooper is already 35 pounds! Well, I take that back...he's your kid! haha Brock is so grown up, and Zander is so sweet looking. Glad you are taking full advantage of living there. Miss you much!