Tuesday, April 21, 2009

30




As I the time approached for me to turn the big 30, I was feeling a little down about the whole milestone that was about to occur. I sat there thinking "man what do I have to show for the last ten years of my life." All I could focus on were the things I was not doing, like keeping up with my dancing, teaching, doing anything martha stewart like(scrapbooking, any craft). I sat there thinking geez what is there that I am even good at? So I decided I was just going to stay 29 forever. Its possible right?


Thank heavens for a good husband and good friends who were able to point out a few things to me to get me out of my slump. I mean geez I do live in another country with a different language right! I was even about to embark on an adventure I never thought I would do, GIRLS CAMP in SPANISH! Yep, for my birthday I was off to spend three days camping with the young women from our church. Oh did I mention it is all in SPANISH, and with my kids. I mention the spanish thing because it is one thing to learn another language, but to learn church vocabulary is a whole other bag of worms. I do have to say that I am pretty proud of myself. Somehow the words are just there and we all had a great time. I have never seen my kids dirtier, but they love being with the youth from our church.


So I did girls camp for my birthday, in spanish, I have learned another language, I have lived out of the states for 4 years now, yep kiddos no target, and a lot of things you learn to live without. I have two kids that are bilingual, and have had the opportunity to travel a lot. I am in the best sahpe I have been in since my dancing days, and have found a new love for running. So I think it is safe to say that I have accomplished something right? I guess its not time for a mid life crisis yet!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Bday!!!! 30 huh? You look amazingly great! you have a beautiful family, you speak more than one language, you are adventurous, you are a great mom and a sexy wife, you are the best friend in the world and you love your Heavenly Father and your Savior Jesus Christ... i mean, you really know how to live your life! I love you. besos

onecent said...

I'd say you accomplished a lot! I had a very hard time with 30 too.. but it comes and goes.. enjoy the journey while your on it!
HAPPY 30!!!!!!!!

The Rocks said...

Happy Late Birthday, Danielle! I'm so amazed at what you've done--even just since I've known you! It looks like you did a wonderful job with Girls Camp and your boys are as cute as ever!

lis said...

30??? Still a Spring chicken!!! :)

Bienvenidos a los trentas!!! ;-)

prRiggs said...

At 30 you can definitely hold off on the mid-life crisis! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!