Sunday, November 13, 2011

Busy Busy!

A group of us girls have started playing bunco once a month, it is a fun easy game and a good excuse to get together and have fun. We get together once a month and each month has a different theme. Last month was a vampire theme, and this month I get to host at my house so expect some pics soon.

As most of you know that the biggest perk to living abroad is having help in the house. This is Mary Lou our newest addition. It was her birthday so the boys look for any excuse to have cake and celebrate, and for me it is fun to do something for someone who doesn´t have the resouces to have a special day! She is a great addition in our home and Cooper calls her LuLu, it is so cute. We still have Iris with us and we feel so blessed to have such sweet spirits in our home and that we are giving them an opportunity to work in a good enviornment and earn a living. Mary Lou has 5 kids and a husband but lives with us 6 days a week. I feel guilty sometimes, but then I remmember that I am actually helping her to earn money. Life here in Peru is very difficult and there is a lot poverty. It is just a good reminder to me daily as to how blessed my family and I are.



Last week was Zander´s special week at his school. Each child gets a week that they are spotlighted for the whole week. On the first day they bring a collage of pictures, on day two their favorite book, day three their favorite toy, day four a special activity to do with the class, and the last day they bring a snack to share. I found some halloween candy necklaces to bring to class for each child to put together, they all had a blast. Zander was so happy and felt so special, which in turn makes me very happy!


See that smile!!!







1 comment:

CamEmKoford said...

You look awesome, but I cant see the "bite mark" i heard so much about on your neck !