Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Fun Finds


Here is a little taste of the art in Peru for you(sorry the lighting is not very good). They have all sorts of hand painted art here in Peru that is just beautiful. We found this piece at a market in Lima and just loved it. So it has found a new home in our front room!
This is a treasure that Chris found while I was out of town. He was kind enough to not buy it until he showed it to me, but of course I loved it. This is a handmade rocking chair out of solid word, and the seat is made of hand detailed leather, native to Peru. It is the most comfortable rocking chair I have ever sat in. Chris and I were laughing the whole way home because in PR we bought a piece of junk rocker/glider at K-mart for more then we paid for this beautiful chair. We love finding treasures like this.
OK so I have gotten in the habit that every Monday when I pick Brock up from school we walk across the street and buy fresh flowers for the house. This Monday I gave him 20 soles( about $6) and told him he could buy what ever flowers he wanted with his money. So he walks over to the flowers and finds these beautiful blue flowers and asks the lady in spanish how much they were and showed her how much money he had and so here is the end result. They are so pretty. He was so proud of himself, and everyone that comes to the house he has to show them the flowers that he bought. Flowers are so cheap here and so beautiful, it is kind of nice always having fresh flowers in the house. In the states it just costs to much, well at least for me, so it is a nice change.

4 comments:

onecent said...

those are beautiful flowers Danielle!!!!! I *LOVE* the rocking chair!! i am a bit jealous ;)

The Rowletts said...

Sweet finds!! It sounds like Peru is treating you well. As far as you being freezing...I don't even want to hear it. Go put on more clothes! I can only get so naked here.

prRiggs said...

It sounds like you probably are not affected by the major recession happening just north of you. I love stuff like that--the rocking chair is amazing!

Emily said...

You guys find the coolest artwork! And I love that park near your house. So neat.