Monday, December 15, 2008

What a Night!

I felt like I was getting ready for prom night all over again this past Saturday as we got ready for our first big social event here in Peru. Our good friends were celebrating their marriage and we were so honored to be invited to this special event. If you have ever lived in Latin America you know that an event like this is a big deal, so we were so excited to check it out. I even had the freak out to find the right dress since I was only a week post opp and still very swollen and uncomfortable. Just what I wanted to do, go looking for a fancy dress. Long story short I found something and even had the chance to get my hair done by a famous hairdresser here in Peru. I have to say it was a blast to get pampered and all dressed up. It was nice to remember that a girl can clean up rather nicely, and get out of mommy mode!
Let me just tell you that this party was nothing like I have ever seen, breath taking. The flowers, the set up, the food, it was like being in a movie but better. There was dancing, music and even a show complete with stilt walkers and fireworks. People in Latin America really now how to party. Things just got started around mid-night, and kept on rolling even after we left around 3am. I must be getting old, I just cant do those kind of nights anymore. Not to mention Z was up and ready for the day an hour or so after I fell asleep. We had such a wonderful time though, we danced like crazy, made lots of new friends, and to this day are still trying to catch up on sleep.
Here is a glimpse of what the party looked like. It is hard to tell, but the lighting and decorations were so elegant.

We were the first ones to arrive in our section, but it was nice to have some time to check things out and sneak some pics.











4 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG OMG you look absolutely beautiful!!! Gorgeous! Chris tambien hehehe I love your dress I love your hair I love it I love it! What a fancy and lovely fiesta!!!! te ves super flaca!!! yeahhh "por un beso de la flaca yo daria lo que fuera..." (jarabe de palo) that's the song Chris should be singing to you. so when are you coming to PR? can't wait to see you. besos

Unknown said...

when are you coming to PR? can't wait to see you. love

prRiggs said...

That would be so much fun!...something you dream about being a part of. You look beautiful.

onecent said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!