Thursday, January 8, 2009

Blog Back Log!

I am so behind on blogging it is not even funny. I don't even know where to begin, so bare with me as I back track a little.
We ended Brock's first year of school in December, I know we are backwards it is summer here now finally!). I can hardly believe we have been here in Peru almost a year and that Brock has been through one year of school, time is going by so fast. The school ended the year with a huge show in a giant theatre. Each class did a Disney movie and Brock's class did Madagascar, and he was the Zebra. My heavens it was quite the show, I'll put some video up later. Brock did an awesome job "movin it" up on stage. (He must take after his mommy!) It was so cute I cant wait for next years show. This is Brock and his teacher Miss Lily. She was a wonderful teacher, we will miss her, luckily we Will see her next year at school.


I have to admit I had a really hard time getting in the holiday spirit this year, so we made goodies to help us, me, get in the mood. My little Rudolf helped me deliver the goodies, isn't he darling! We had a great time going around and spreading holiday cheer, although I feel like i was trying to steel some as we went house to house. I have to say it did help a bit.


Okay so are you ready to hear about our crazy ward Christmas party? Let me just say crazy it was. Is this not the scariest Santa costume you have ever seen? Guess who it is, yep it is Chris! Along with the craziness right before Christmas Chris got called into the bishopric, so here he is with the bishop and the other counselor.
Ill try and sum up the party for you as bet I can, here it goes. The party started at 8pm which I thought was kind of late, but not if you are in Latin America. They had a little devotional to bring in the spirit, and all I kept hearing was "where is papa noel, Santa." We then moved on to a dinner that was then followed by the fun part. They had a group that performed all the kids favorite shows, hi 5 and such, the kids ate it up. Then they had reindeer, barney, elf's and more. I mean what is Christmas without Barney right? It is now about 11pm and man I am tired, the kids are on their second wind, and ready for Santa. Santa finally comes and I am trying to find Chris cause he has my camera. I finally realize after noticing Santa's watch that he is Santa. And a scary Santa I thought. Santa brought presents for all the kids and then after pictures, that my kids refused to take with Santa it was time to go home, its only 12:30. All in all the kids had a great time, and it was unlike any church Christmas party I have ever been to.




Merry Belated Christmas! I am sorry we were lame this year and did not get cards out this year. I was not super excited about taking family pictures while I still looked 7 months pregnant after surgery. We will get some pics out soon though. Love you all!



2 comments:

prRiggs said...

That does look a little bit different/scary/interesting! Merry Christmas

Unknown said...

the Santa costume is indeed scary hahaha omg and i love the little Rudolf picture. he is just to cute for words!