Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Summer fun 2012!!!!

This July we went to the states for 3 weeks full of fun!!! We started off in San Diego then went to Sacramento to see my Dad and then off to see my mom and some of her family. We had so much fun, we wished that Chris could have been with us for more, but duty calls. Here are some posts of our trip. Enjoy!

 My dad, Cooper and I. This was taken by Brock.
 The boys had so much fun at grandpa Partridges house, it was full of fun and adventure. Grandpa went and bought 6 baby chicks for his coup and the boys instantly claimed which one was theirs. Zander my funny man wanted them to lay eggs really bad, and was asking grandpa when they were going to lay some. Grandpa told him that they were too little and that it would be a while before they started laying eggs. A bit later Zander comes running over to us at the pool so excited saying that the chickens had layed eggs. So Brock goes running over and confirms that it was true there were eggs in the coup. My dad kept saying no it is impossible as we went walking over, and sure enough there were 2 eggs. We all stood there for a minute and then my dad says to Zander, you went and got those out of the fridge didn't you? Zander tried hard not to smile, but indeed the little bugger had gone inside and taken 2 eggs from the fridge and put them in with the chickens. He had us going for a minute though. Funny guy!
 Brock and his chick.
 Cooper thought the chicks were fun to look at, but nothing more. He would freak out if you put one on him or tried to make him hold one.
 My dad has a fantastic pool in his backyard, with 100 degree temps, that is where we stayed all day.  My brother Taft has this dog that loves the pool and as long as the kids were in the pool he was right there with them, it was the craziest thing. The boys thought it was pretty fun.
 The boys with my brother Clark getting ready to dive into the pool.
 Ok so my dad makes the best carmel popcorn in the world, he made the kids the biggest bowl of it and the kids had fun helping as well.
 Oh my little Cooper he is my scardy cat! He was quite content just sitting on the steps at the pool, forget jumping in like his big brothers.
 The boys loved jumping off this bridge into the pool.
 Zander jumping over Cooper!
 Cooper did not like this at all, but grandpa had to torchure him a bit!
 It was only a matter of time until the kids would find grandpas tools, and boy did they have fun with the jack hammer. Brock thought this was so cool he spent hours taking up the rocks for grandpa.
 Zander thought it was fun for a few tries and then was off to do something else.
 Next it was off to the lake to jet ski. Grandpa was brave and let Zman drive solo, luckily they made it back safe.
 Brock and Grandpa, coming back from doing some cheerios in the water.
 Dad and Z.
 Zander found this giant branch and used it as a floating device in the water. Who needs those expensive toys right?
 Cooper loved the lake, no waves and plenty of dirt to play with.
Sitting poolside watching his crazy brothers!

1 comment:

benilhalk said...

Beautiful! I need to have a vacation like this soon. I am so tired of working and staying in one place. I can take my kids along for such a fun time. It was superb going through this post. There is also a get together next month in one of the venues in Chicago, which means even my cousins can accompany us.