Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Almost caught up!

On New Years day we went to Parque de Agua, which is a big giant park filled with some of the largest water fountains in the world. It was so much fun. They have light shows on the water to music, big fountain tunnels to walk through, and this fountain that Chris and Brock are standing in. It is a huge fountain you can walk through and not get wet if you plan you steps appropriately. We had a blast and the kids loved it.
On New Years Eve we all loaded into a van and made the 5v hour drive to Nazca to go see the Nazca Lines. Yeah so I don't have any other pictures but this one, because I felt so sick in the air that it was all I could do from throwing up on my dads leg!!! I hat to even admit that but it is true. I am not one to sick easily, but it sure did a number on my stomach. It was amazing to see regardless, definitely a must see as well. This is us getting ready to take off in a tiny little plane.


The whole gang at Saqsaywaman in Cusco, Grandma and Grandpa Higbee and my crew.

See in spite of it all they do love each other! Man sometimes I wonder though so it is always good to see a reminder. Oh we are at Saqsaywaman in Cusco. The boys were really good considering there was not a whole lot for them to do but chase llamas.



It is so amazing to not only hear about the stories of how these ancient cities and temples were built, but it is amazing to see them in person. Just to give you an idea, look at how giant these rocks are and they moved them by hand, crazy? I could spend a few pages talking about how interesting all the history is here in Peru and Cusco, but you just need to come and visit and see for yourself.




2 comments:

lis said...

love the foto of you guys in the water park! can you believe we still haven't made it over there!!!???

it looks like the boys did so well at MP! everybody is all smiles! :)

Unknown said...

awww i love the last pic of papi and the kids... so cute¡