Thursday, February 5, 2009

I am Lame!

I know I said I would not let my blog get out of control again, but here I am with no post for a month. Where does the time go? Things have been crazy to say the least with a quick trip to Puerto Rico, oh how do I miss it there, doctors appointments, oh and the newest a new resonsibility at church. Yeah I am freaking out a lil bit. Last week I was asked to be the president of the Young Womens Program, its a voluntary position to work with the Young Women in our church from age 12-18, which is fun I love working with the youth, but in SPANISH! I think I have had problems breathing since the question was asked, and the panik that runs through my body every time I think about having to speak in front of them is paralizing. I had my first meeting on Thursday, and all I can say is Wow. Just when I had started to feel pretty confident with my spanish this comes along and puts me back in check. Hopefully I will be getting some guidance from up above because I am going to need it.
So anyhow, I am done giving excuses, and I promise to post some pics really soon. Lots of good stuff to post so be on the lookout. Brock turns 4 on Saturday, can you believe it.

6 comments:

Kelsey said...

You'll do great in your new calling! (I'm also glad I'm not you). ;) Wow time flies! Brock's getting so old!Rory turns 3 on the 17th, I still can't get over that!

Emily said...

Wow, good luck with the calling. You're going to be learning so much more Spanish this way so that's awesome! You're going to do a great job.

Unknown said...

you will succeed! your Spanish is great by the way, I super enjoyed our conversations in Spanish this last time. Thanks for being so nice. We love you guys. Happy bday to mr. Brock... tell him that we love him a lot!

Annalisa said...

you are going to do so great in YWs...you'll inspire those girls to great things for the Church. it will be so much fun too...and the Church website is great for updates and helps on teaching (even in Spanish)...smiles!!

Matthew and Rosalia said...

Gosh, I can't imagine, I speak Spanish and I still freak out when I speak in front of an audience in Spanish.

But I'm sure you will do just fine and the young women and leaders will love you for trying. Just look at the positive side, it will be a great experience and because you will be forced to practice your Spanish you will learn so much more and maybe even become fluent.

Good luck Danielle!

onecent said...

I'm in the same boat. I haven't done a blog in a month *UGH* I check facebook everyday, but I need to spend more time journaling... thanks for inspiring me again! :)