Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Las Dunas!

The first weekend in Feb. we went to this resort called Las Dunas about 3 hours away in a town called Ica. Chris needed to go for work and called me the night before to see if i wanted to go and my answer was you bet. I think I can handle a weekend in the sun! So off we went bright and early the next morning. Let me just tell you that my kids were in heaven.
At the resort they have 3 pools, horse back riding, sand boarding, dune buggies, massages, and the list goes on.
Funny story, see the llama in the picture, well he did not like us getting too close to him so as Chris got closer he startes making this funny noise and spitting at Chris. Man do I wish i had this on video. As Chris gets closer this llama is just spitting all over him as I tell him to get closer so i can get a better picture. I have never seen anything like it, and we have seen a ton of llamas here in Peru. Chris said it smelled horrible, but the kids sure thought it was hillarios, and so did I.

Here is Z and Dominic riding horses. I was sure Z was going to freak out, but he did not, if fact he wanted to do it all by himself.

Brock riding his horse, he thought it was so cool to be up there solito, as he calls it.


As we were waiting for the horses to get sattled up, the boys were feeding the horses some hay when Brock comes walking over and says "mom look what I found." He was so proud of himself for finding some eggs, and I quickly explained why he needed to put them back, and he was so perplexed.(They have tons of animals at this resort, kind of like a petting zoo).








1 comment:

Unknown said...

awww i love horsies too! Those kids look so happy! I love how brock went and found those eggs...so cute!