Sunday, June 15, 2008

Shhh its a secret!

So it was fathers day today and Brock was so excited. Buying presents for poppy is quite a venture with a 3 yr old. Oh you may be thinking that I am talking about the shopping part, but I am talking about the secret part. Everything we got he told poppy first thing, but how do you teach a 3 yr old to keep a secret? That is not to mention that when I asked him what he wanted to get poppy he said "a sucker." So we went to the store and bought a sucker special just for poppy, and of course Brock had to have one as well, duh mom. He and poppy ate their green and purple whistle suckers in bliss, there were no surprises, and no secrets, but we still had a great day. Well, I guess you would have to ask Chris to verify, but I think he had a good fathers day. Lots of silliness and smiles from the boys, who can beat that!

2 comments:

Emily said...

That's so funny. I think all kids have a hard time keeping secerets. I witnessed that especially when I was student teaching my second graders. They cracked me up.

onecent said...

How cute!!! I found your blog while searching...
How fun to see your cute little family!!
We are Tidwell cousins too... well, Adam and Chris are!
I love your boys names! We have a Xander too, but his real name is Ian Alexander, and his nickname is Xander. We have a blog too, when I remember to write in it, which is only a handful of times each month, but hoping to get better at it!
it is www.wildeberry.blogspot.com
I have it set to private, and not sure how to change it, but if you can't get in, let me know, and I'll try to figure it out. I think I need your email associated with blog to let you in, but who knows!
anyway, glad to see ya! I love hearing about your experiences in Peru!
*hugs*