Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Always!

I have come to realize that every time Chris is out of town something major has to occur. Well this time I thought I was in the clear because he has already been gone for 5 days and so far so good, but today was the magical day!
We left for soccer this afternoon as usual, and afterwards went to pick up Brock's costume from the store. Well we have another lady that comes to our house on Wednesdays to help Zaida, so she stayed at the house. When we arrived home I found all the doors to the house locked and I did not have a key! Yep, we were locked out, no husband, no keys, language barriers, freezing cold and two hungry whinny kids. So it is 6pm and I am trying not to be mad, because after all she was being very responsible and locking all the doors, but still I am locked out of my own house, and on the 5th floor.
So my poor door man offered to try to climb out the window from the 4th floor to our floor, 5th, but I am looking at the window going, does he have a death wish? So I graciously say thanks but I would like him to live to see another day. So we then turn to plan B, call the owner of the building to see if he has a spare key, but no one had his number. Sounds fun so far huh! Well we finally find someone that thinks they have a spare and he will be on his way soon. Yeah anyone that has ever lived in Latin America knows what that means. So we try to and buy some time and walk down the street to the bakery to get something to eat, and something for the poor doorman that was so willing to climb a building for me. Oh yeah and the best part was he thought I was 25!!!! He is my new best friend Jk. Anyhow long story short we got into our apartment 2 hrs later, despite language barriers and hungry kids. We all survived and you bet my keys will be glued to my bag from now on. Hopefully we will not have any more surprises while Chris is away.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Wow, that stinks! I'm glad you were able to get in eventually. What a nice doorman.

The Rocks said...

I totally feel your pain! Glad you were able to get in finally!

Kelsey said...

Only you, Danielle...only you. ;) Love the pictures of the boys in their Halloween costumes!!

prRiggs said...

Oh no!...especially with 2 small kids. You need to get your door man on video, I'd love to see the wall climbing. :)