Monday, October 6, 2008

Opps!

So embarrassing! So here is the story:
We were at the local grocery store buying some crafts for Brock's school project, and the store is two stories. Groceries on the bottom and home accessories and toys etc. on the top floor. We were on the top floor, and of course the toys were just calling to Brock. We proceeded to the isle where the school supplies were and Brock stood in front of a huge toy display taller then he is, when all the sudden he comes running around the isle crying and hides behind my leg. So I give Chris the "look" to go see what happened. He comes back a second later to tell me Brock had knocked down the whole display. He was crying because he was really embarrassed, and of course everyone is staring and all the employees come running to clean up the mess. Well, I am trying to decide how to handle the situation and talk to Brock on how important it is to listen to mommy and not touch things, when an employee comes walking straight for us. I was sure she was coming to yell at us, or kick us out of the store, but nope she hands Brock a giant piece of cake because she felt bad that he was crying.
Is it me or is that crazy. How do I teach him a lesson when he gets rewarded for being naughty. Here you just made a huge mess, but here have a piece of cake. I was amazed, that would never happen in the states. Never the less, I made him throw the cake away when we got outside, I know I am such a mean mom.

2 comments:

Matthew and Rosalia said...

Oh my goodness, I would've died. I think you handled it well.

Kelsey said...

Your so mean!!!