Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Trip to the Hospital!


Sorry for the graphic picture, but this was our fun night last night. Around midnight I heard Zander crying in his room so I went to check on him and some how he had fallen off the foot of the bed, which I still have not figured out how. I reached down to pick him up and put my hand in a pool of blood, but couldn't figure out where it was coming from. I soon found the gusher on the back of his head. Oh and did I mention Chris was not home, yup he was at the office of course. So I had no car and no husband, so what does a girl do. I called Chris and told him we needed to go the emergency room, so he rushed home and we were off. It is so handy having Zaida here so we did not have to get Brock out of bed. So a few stitches and a few ex-rays later we were back at home. Let me just say it was awful holding him down to the table as he screamed while they were putting the stitches in, he just kept saying, "no mommy oucheeeee." It just broke my heart. So here is his pretty head, and a pic of his big brother giving him a hug the next morning, trying to check out his head. It is always quite an experience having emergencies like this while you are living out of the country, luckily all went well.

7 comments:

Melissa said...

I am so glad it all worked out okay. Poor Zander! Give him a big kiss from us!

The Rocks said...

I totally feel for you! We had something similar happen to Jaxon this summer except we ended up with staples instead of stitches. He's so proud of them, though! He'll show anyone his scar that asks. Glad you made it through, especially with being out of the country!

Matthew and Rosalia said...

Oh, poor thing. I guess he's a crazy sleeper. So cute that Brock gave him some love in the morning. I'm glad everything went ok.

Unknown said...

oww Zander, I hope you are feeling better! Sorry about your baby Danny, you are a great mom! So, i haven't post a comment here in decades, sorry about that too... you know why. Anyways, I can't believe you went to friggin Chile!!!!! I envy you so much! We are doing great, we miss you more than anything for sure! Natty and Teo are loving our new baby Benjamin, life is good, life is good. I love you amiga, estas siempre en mi corazon!

Emily said...

How horrible! At least he's okay. That would be so hard to hold him down while he got stiches. Poor guy.

Unknown said...

Poor Zander & poor Mommy too! I had to go thru the same thing w/ Matthew when he was 18 mo. (10 stitches above his eye). It's just awful to see them pinned down etc. But they soon forget! Miss you!

prRiggs said...

Oh no! I can totally relate because Ellie did the same thing in March and Jonathan was gone...it breaks your heart when you know it hurts and yet you can't do anything to make it better. I'm glad he's ok.